12 hours total – maximum # of students: 20
- 3 evenings of 4 hours, or
- 2 weekdays or weekend days of 6 hours
This is a complete “hands-on” course.
Who this course is intented for:
Anyone whose responsibility it is to write grant applications, proposals for contract work: either independently or as part of a team.
Each participant receives:
- Proposal Writing Handbook
- One-on-one time with Canadian Centre for Aboriginal Entrepreneurship, Inc. facilitator
- Review of a proposal or grant application
*If required, CCAE, Inc. can assist participants with writing an actual proposal for an extra fee.
- Terminology, acronyms and three-letter words
- Request For Proposals vs. Grant Applications
- Who issues RFPs and why?
- Where is all that free grant money?
- What goes into a winning proposal / grant application
- Winning proposals are…
- Proposal format and style
- The layout and “look” of your proposal
- Creating a team approach to writing proposals
- Creating strategic partnerships
- The process step-by-step
- How to rise above your competition and get the contract / grant
- Pitfalls to avoid when writing proposals